The major in Finance major at Delaware State University helps students develop their technical knowledge and skills, as well as the critical thinking, communications, and interpersonal skills necessary to succeed in the field of Finance.
Finance discipline is primarily concerned with the acquisition and management of funds by business firms, governments, and individuals. Economics focuses on understanding how people make choices given that no individual has an infinite amount of time of money. These interrelated fields amalgamate complex issues of income, expenditures, and the risk that business scrutinizes when making decisions. A business seeks financial advice when considering the purchase of new equipment, the expansion of present facilities, or the raising of additional funds. Determining the value of financial and real assets and derivatives is a key activity in finance and economics.
With a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance, a student can select two concentrations, which provide an in-depth understanding of specific functional areas. The areas of concentration are:
There’s nowhere better than Delaware State University’s College of Business to get an in-depth understanding of Finance and Banking industry. Schedule a visit or contact us today – your new career awaits you!
FINANCE, BS HIGHLIGHTS
- Learn finance at top business school - Delaware State University’s College of Business is one of just 5% of business colleges worldwide to earn AACSB accreditation.
- An outstanding group of qualified faculty with academic and professional qualifications.
- Learn finance and banking at state-of-the-art facilities with current equipment, hardware, and software.
- Networking opportunities – meet working professionals inside and outside the classroom.
- Internship opportunities – dedicated personnel at the College to help with paid or unpaid internships.
- Financial Planning minor opportunity – Delaware State University is among a select group of universities across the country which offers a CFP®-board registered Certified Financial Planning Minor Program.
VIEW THE COURSE CURRICULUM-FINANCE & BANKING
VIEW THE COURSE CURRICULUM-FINANCIAL ECONOMICSVIEW THE COURSE DESCRIPTIONS