Carlos M. Rodriguez, PhD
Associate Professor of Marketing, Director Center for the Study of Innovation Management, CSIM, College of Business.
Bank of America Building Suite 210 F Department of Business Administration
crodriguez [at] desu.edu
Ph.D. Doctor of Philosophy
Marketing and Quantitative Methods
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, U.S.A.
M.Sc. Master of Science
Marketing and Statistical Methods
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, U.S.A.
M.B.A. Master of Business Administration
Escuela de Administración de Negocios para Graduados, ESAN, Perú.
I.E. Degree in Engineering
B.Sc. Bachelor of Science
Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería UNI, Perú.
- New Product Development, Product Design and Branding, Designing Product Experiences
- Innovation, Technology Management, and Design of Marketing Capabilities
- Relationships Marketing: Business-to-Business, Processes of Trust Building
- Strategic Alliances and Joint Ventures design, process and implementation
- Internationalization Processes, Exporting, and Market Entry Strategies
- Decision Making Processes in Marketing and Strategic Marketing in Cross Cultural settings
- Academy of Marketing Science, AMS, USA
- Product Development Management Association, PDMA
- American Marketing Association, AMA, USA
- Consejo Latinoamericano de Escuelas de Administración, CLADEA
- Business Association for Latin American Studies, BALAS
- Association of Engineers of Peru # 25266
Rodriguez, Carlos M. (2017), Product Design and Innovation: Analytics for Decision Making, Createspace Publishers, ISBN-13: 978-1523202836, Distributed Worldwide by Amazon.
Book description: Product Design and Innovation offers the methodologies vital to the design process. Starting with conceptual ideas, marketing Professor Carlos M. Rodríguez, PhD, guides you through the hands-on, step-by-step application of design techniques, from ideation, development to prototyping and beyond. With a focus on the intersection between marketing, design, and analytics, the author provides the tools needed for successful design, laid out in direct, simple language without unnecessary mathematical or statistical complexity. Product Design and Innovation: Analytics for Decision Making is a vital resource for design students and marketing professionals alike, illustrating the product conceptualization, design of new products, and product innovation efforts through the application of proven successful methodologies and industry practices.
JBBM at 21: Theme Reflections One Year Later, With A Design View of B-to-B Marketing Field and Closing Tribute to David T. Wilson. Journal of Business to Business Marketing, 2016, Vol. 23, No. 1. Leading article.
Strategic Capabilities in Exporting: An Examination of the Performance of Mexican Firms. Co-authored with Jorge Wiese (TEC Cuernavaca, Mexico) and Carlos Martinez (EGADE-TEC, Monterrey, Mexico) Management Decision, 2013, Vol. 51, No. 8.
Market Expansion, Manufacturing Flexibility, Learning, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship in Exporting: A Dynamic Capability Perspective. Paper presented at the 2009 Summer Educator’s Conference, AMA, Chicago.
The Impact of Academic Self-Concept, Expectations, and the Choice of Learning Strategy on Academic Achievement: The Case of Business Students. Higher Education Research & Development, HERD, Vol. 28, No. 5, 2009.
Self-efficacy Beliefs, Institutional Climate, and Faculty Expectations as Determinants of Academic Achievement in Business Students, Journal of Business and Leadership, Vol. 3, No. 1, 2007.
Undergraduate Business Marketing Education: Exploring the Collaborative Skills of High-Performing Marketing Managers: A Commentary, Journal of Business to Business Marketing, Vol. 14, No. 1, 2007.
Emergence of a Third Culture: Shared Leadership in International Strategic Alliances, International Marketing Review, Vol. 22, No. 1, 2005 (Highly Commended Paper, International Marketing Review, Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2006).
Impact of Design: Number of Hyperlinks and Node Size on Web Usefulness and Ease of Use. Co-authored with Dae R. Kim and Brian J. Reithel, published in the special Issue on Web-Based Information Quality, International Journal of Electronic Business Management (IJEBM), 2005.
Relationship Bonding and Trust as Foundation for Commitment in International Strategic Alliances, USA-Mexico: A Latent Variable Structural Modeling Approach co-authored with David T. Wilson, Journal of International Marketing, Vol. 10, No. 4., 2002, pp: 53-76.
Commentary on: “Technology in the Classroom: Teaching Business Marketing in the 21st. Century,” by Richard P. Vlosky and David T. Wilson, Journal of Business to Business Marketing, Vol. 5, Number 1/2,1998
Work in Progress
“Building Relationships with Luxury Brands through Stimulating Experience: The Role of Self-Expansion, Brand Identification and Self-Esteem”, co-authored with Prof. Gwarlann De Kerviler, IESEG School of Management, Lille, France (under submission).
“Charging Behavior, Risk Management, and Innovativeness in New Product Development NPD Teams” (fieldwork).
Honors & Awards
- Dean’s Research Award by the College of Business, Delaware State University Summer 2017.
- Faculty Recognition Nomination representing Delaware State University to the Seventh Annual HBCU Ceremony, Faculty member of the year, HBCU Digest, Washington D. C., July 2017.
- Faculty Recognition Award, ENAE Business School, Invaluable Contribution to the Executive and Master’s programs for Twenty-Five years, Spain, March 2015.
- Best paper submission, Lead Paper, Self-efficacy Beliefs, Institutional Climate, and Faculty Expectations as Determinants of Academic Achievement in Business Students, Journal of Business and Leadership, Vol. 3, No. 1, 2007.
- Highly Commended Paper, Emergence of a Third Culture: Shared Leadership in International Strategic Alliances, International Marketing Review, Vol. 22, No. 1, 2005, Literati Network Awards for Excellence.
- Fellowship Award by MIT Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Summer Professional Program to attend the Seminar Design and Strategy of Product Platforms.
- Fellowship Award by MIT Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Summer Professional Program to attend the Seminar Design and Analysis of Experiments.
- Fellowship Award by MIT Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Summer Professional Program to attend the Seminar Individual Choice Behavior and Application of Discrete Choice Analysis.
- Fellowship Award by Harvard Business School to attend the Seminar the Art and Craft of Writing Cases.
- Honorary Professorship in Business Administration “Dr. Kurt Unger Rubin”, Doctoral Program, University of Occidente, Sinaloa, Mexico.
- Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society (Ph.D. Program)
- Honorable Mention in the Doctoral Competition, Institute for the Study of Business Markets ISBM, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park.
- Fellowship Award by the European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management EIASM to assist to the EDEN Doctoral Seminar in Qualitative Research Methods, Leuven, Belgium.
- Assistantship awarded by the Pennsylvania State University to pursue Doctoral studies in International Marketing, USA.
- Honors representing The Pennsylvania State University at the Haring Symposium, Indiana University, Indiana, USA.
- Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society (M.Sc. program). Graduated with Honors in the Master of Science program.
- Research Assistantship from the Dean of the School of Business to pursue the degree of Master of Science in Marketing. The Pennsylvania State University, USA.
- Fellowship Award by the Brazilian Government and the Organization of American States OEA to assist in the InterAmerican Program in International Business, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Principles of Marketing
- Design and Marketing of New Products
- Marketing Research
- Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
- Marketing Strategies, Policies and Programs
- International Business Operations
Master in Science (MSM)
- Market Research I
- Market Research II
- International Marketing
- Brand Management & Pricing Decisions
- Marketing Models and Decision Making
- Product Design and Innovation Levels I and II (advanced)
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Problems in Marketing Management
- International Marketing
- International Management
- Marketing Management
- Global Marketing Strategies
- Marketing Research
- Product Design and Development.
- Marketing Models: A Decision Making Approach
- Marketing Strategy & Simulation
Instructor: Faculty Development Programs
- Research Methodology Seminar: Research Methodologies in Management, Methods, Design and Data Reporting. ANPAD Conference, Brazil.
- Research Methodology Seminar: Structural Equation Modeling: Lisrel and Applications in Management. ANPAD Conference, Brazil.
- Pedagogical, Methodological, and Didactic Teaching Methods, Zagreb School of Management, Zagreb, Croatia.
- Experiential Learning and Pedagogical Approaches to Mathematical Content in Business Administration, College of Business, Universidad del Externado, Colombia.
- Pedagogical, Methodological, and Didactic Teaching Methods Applied to Mathematics and Social Sciences, Universidad del Externado, Bogota, Colombia.
Instructor: International Executive Seminars
- Service Design and Management
- Product Design and Innovation
- Human Centered Product Service Design
- Design, Development, and Launch of New Products and Services
- Strategic Alliances and International Joint Ventures
- Development of New Products for International Markets
- Global Strategies for International Markets
- Foreign Market Selection and Development
- Successful Negotiations in the International Market
- Innovation and International Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing Research
- Marketing Strategies for the Service Industry
- Strategic Marketing for Banks and Financial Institutions
- Advanced Multivariate Segmentation for Banks and Financial Institutions
- Design and Marketing of New Products: Innovation Strategies, Development, Concept, Process and Implementation of Products and Services in International Markets.
Grey Advertising, Procter&Gamble, Perú
Moulinex, Hamilton Beach, Kenwood, Citizen, and Bormix
Compañía Arequipa de Importaciones S.A. Carsa, Perú
AVON, Productos Favel S.A., Yanbal - Perú
Production Manager Assistant
Durblock S.A., Perú
- Market Potential Estimation for Nanotechnologies and Nanomaterials and Evaluation of Organizational Capacities for the Transfer and Adoption of such Technologies to Commercialization (Cluster of Nanotechnology, Monterrey, Mexico).
- Product Design and Launching Strategies (Sorteos TEC, Mexico)
- Customer Value Analysis in Industrial Parks (FINSA, Mexico)
- Marketing Research Market Analysis (Chamber of Commerce, State College, USA)
- Capturing the Voice of the Market: Designing Quality in the Relationship (HIMOINSA, Spain)