Center for Information Technology Services
The organization and businesses are investing heavily in information systems such as hardware, software, telecommunication equipment, etc. and they are spending billions of dollars on business and management consulting as well as information technology services, much of which involves redesigning firm’s business operations to take advantage of these new technologies. Many businesses especially the startup businesses, in order to survive in this highly competitive business world, need Information Technology related technical assistance and support that could help them provide services and move to the next level. The Center for Information Technology Services (CITS) is housed in the Department of Business administration of the College of Business at the Delaware State University as a unit which is primarily focused on meeting the information technology needs of the organizations such as government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and small business enterprises in and around Delaware as well as engaging in collaborative research with the scholars of other disciplines and institutions. Excellence in service and research is our challenge and responsibility
The mission of the Center for Information Technology Services (CITS) is to provide professional Information Technology services to government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and small business enterprises in and around Delaware through active student involvement and learning and applied research and to engage in collaborative research with scholars of other disciplines and institutions.
The Center for Information Technology Services (CITS) provides the following services:
- Offering website development to nonprofits, government agencies, and business organizations located in and around Delaware at an affordable cost.
- Offering SNS Setup to nonprofits, government agencies, and business organizations located in and around Delaware at an affordable cost.
- Providing real-life experience to students in the area of IT services and enterprise systems.
The Center for Information Technology Services (CITS) engages the following research activities:
- Collaborative research in Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology, Open Source Technology, and related area with the faculty members of other disciplines and institutions.
- Inviting visiting research scholars in the field (above) of research.
- Involving students in collaborative research for the student learning.
- Developed Websites for local small businesses.
- Invited four ‘Visiting Research Scholars’ from 2012 to 2015 in order to collaborate with them for the MIS, IS, IT, and related area applied research.
- Presented seven papers on open source technologies in conferences.
- Developed Advisement System for the advisement center in COB to help document and track their advisement activities. Launched in Spring 2010.
- Developed Advisement System for the advisement center in the College of Education, Health, and Public Policy. Launched in Spring 2011.
- Developed a website for the Graduate Symposium 2011 organized by the School of Graduate Studies and Research to submit papers, register for the conference, etc.
- Updated the Website for the School of Graduate Studies and Research.
- Developed Faculty Management System to maintain/update COB faculty member’s information.
- Offering professional IT services to nonprofits, government agencies, non-profit, and small business organizations located in and around Delaware at an affordable cost. Those IT services include but not limited to webpage development, social networking services, and etc.
- Producing applied research products in the IT services related field.
- Inviting Visiting Research Scholars for Research Collaboration.
- Involving students in professional IT services and applied research for their learning.