Michael H. Casson Jr., PhD
Director of University Center for Economic Development and International Trade (UCEDIT)
Director of Economic Development and Leadership Institute (EDLI)
Bank of America Building, Suite 304
Ph.D., UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT, Storrs, CT
Agricultural and Resource Economics
Specialization: Quantitative Methods (i.e. Econometrics and Mathematical & Linear Programming), Industrial Organization, and Public Finance
M.A., UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN, Milwaukee, WI
Specialization: Mathematical Economics and Econometrics
B.A ., FLORIDA A & M UNIVERSITY, Tallahassee, FL
Minor: Mathematics 1993
- Economic Development
- Applied Policy analysis
- Political Economy models
- Principal-Agent models
- Economics of Education
- Industrial Organization
- International Economic Development Council
- Educational Association of University Centers
- University Economic Development Association
- Delaware Multicultural and Civic Organization
- Sigma Pi Phi
- Central Delaware Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Kent Committee
Publications and Commissioned Reports
- “Geographical Information Systems United States Virgin Islands Asset Map”. (2017).
- “African American Small Business and Workforce Inclusion Study”. (2016).
- “City of Wilmington Workforce Development Strategic Plan”. (2016).
- Enwan the Entrepreneur: Enwan’s First Savings Account, DEMCO’s Kids publishing (2015).
- “Trade Hub Analysis of ECOWAS Region of Western Africa”. (2014).
- “Market and Feasibility Report – Garrison Technology Park”. (2013).
- “The Economic Impact of Delaware State University on Kent County and the State of Delaware”. Commissioned by Delaware State University (2004 and 2014).
- “Merit Pay in Secondary Education: An Application of the Principal – Agent Theory” The Forum for Social Economics, Volume 34/Numbers 1&2 Spring 2007. Michael H. Casson Jr.
- “Market and Feasibility Study for Inner City Cultural League Cultural Arts Facility”. (2006).
- “The Economic Impact of Bennett College for Women on the State of North Carolina”. Commissioned by Bennett College for Women (2006).
- “Franchising America’s Elementary and Secondary Educational System” The Forum for Social Economics, Volume 34/Numbers 1&2 Spring 2005. Michael H. Casson Jr.
- “The Use of Ratio Analysis in Hospitality and Tourism Operations” The Consortium Journal Volume 9 Issue 2. 2005. Williamson, J.W., Mayo, C.R., and Casson, M.H.
- “Closing the Transitional Housing Gap in Delaware”. (2005).
- “Assisting the Chronically Homeless in Delaware: A Response to Delaware’s plan to end chronic homelessness by 2014”. Commissioned by Richard M. Avant Foundation (2005).
- Franchising America’s Elementary and Secondary Educational System” The International Applied Business Research Conference Proceedings. March 2003.