Sport Administration, MSA
Master of Science in Sport Administration
Sport Administration is a highly competitive field, and the right credentials can set you apart from others vying for the same job opportunities. The Master of Science in Sport Administration program is offered at our convenient DSU @Wilmington location. This flexible and accelerated program prepares sport, recreational and fitness professionals for advanced administrative responsibilities within sport and sport-related organizations. Designed to develop your ability to lead and manage sport and/or sport-related organizations while adapting to changing economic, legal, political, and social influences, DSU gives you the business savvy and professional edge that will make employers take note.
Our MSA program is designed to accommodate the career aspirations of our diverse student population encompassing diverse backgrounds, experiences, interests, and needs. Graduates of the program have gained employment in professional sports, intercollegiate and interscholastic athletics administration, community and campus recreational programs, facilities management, marketing and fitness, or have used their entrepreneurial skills to develop their own sport-related organization.
All faculty members have doctoral degrees in Sport Administration or Sport Management. They also have practical experience in the sport industry and are actively engaged in national and/or international scholarly research and service.
The highly flexible, accelerated program:
- Is a 30 credit hour, twelve-month program
- Offers students an affordably priced, high-quality degree
- Offers the same tuition both in-state and out-of-state
- Classroom courses meet on Monday nights only.
- Is a customized program to prepare you for employment in the segment of the sport industry of your choice
- Offers classes taught by full-time professors holding doctoral degrees
- Adheres to standards of the National Association for Sport and Physical Education/North American Society for Sport Management
- Is designed to incorporate extensive problem-based field experiences in the sport industry
- GRE or GMAT (scores may be waived for applicants with professional, supervisory or managerial experience)*
- 3 Professional Letters of Recommendation
*GRE or GMAT may be waived based upon professional, supervisory or managerial work experience subject to Graduate School approval. To be considered, fill out the waiver form and submit with your application.
- Rolling admissions*
*The MBA, MPA, and MSA Programs offered at the Wilmington location feature rolling admissions. Enrollment is contingent upon receipt of all required documents no later than two weeks prior to the enrollment period for domestic applicants and four weeks prior for international applicants.