Youngsik Kwak, PhD
BOA 311-D, College of Business,
Delaware State University,
1200 North Dupont Highway,
Dover, DE 19901
ykwak [at] desu.edu
1994 Ph.D. in Business Administration
University of Mississippi
1990 Master of Arts in Economics
University of Mississippi
1980 Bachelor of Arts in Economics
Sung Kyun Kwan University, Seoul, Korea
- Corporate Finance
- International Finance and Trade
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Financial Markets
- Financial Statements Analysis
- Credit Default Swap
- FMA International
- “A Comparative Study on the Information Effect of Stock Lending and Borrowing and Short Selling between the Korea Stock Exchange and the New Stock Exchange,” with Yeongsuk Cho, American Journal of Economics and Business Administration, Volume 10: 11.21, October 2018.
- “Information Contents of Short Selling Restriction and Stock lending and Borrowing Transactions,” with Yeongsuk Cho, American Journal of Economics and Business Administration, Volume 9, Issue 2, October 2017.
- “Cash Holdings and Firm Value Considering Discretionary Accruals in South Korea (in Korean),” with Chun Gwang Park, The Korean Journal of Financial Engineering, Volume 15, Issue 3, September 2016.
- “Determinants of Common Factors in Korean Banks’ Credit Default Swap Premiums,” with Seungjun Lee and Jaewoon Koo, American Journal of Economics and Business Administration, Volume 6, Issue 3, December 2014.
- “A Review of Compliance Standards under International Letter of Credit Transactions (in Korean),” with Sunok Kim, Journal of International Trade & Commerce, Volume 10, Number 4, August 2014.
- “The Effects of Research and Development and Advertising Expenditures on Firm Value and Earnings Persistence,” with Sungil Jeon, Proceedings of the 2011 North American Accounting Society Annual Meeting, March 2011.
- “Does Exchange Volatility Matter in the South Korean Economy?” with Seungjun Lee, 2010 International Business Research Conference Proceedings, September 2010.
- “The Effect of Changes in Financial Leverage on the Relation Between Earnings and Stock Returns: Evidence from Korean Firms,” with Jongdae Jin and Kyungjoo Lee, Journal of the Academy of Finance, Fall 2007.
- “The Effect of Changes in Financial Leverage on the Relation Between Earnings and Stock Returens: Evidence from Korean Firms,” with Jongdae Jin and Kyungjoo Lee, 2007 Annual Meeting of the Academy of Finance Proceedings, March 2007.
- “A Teaching Note on the Effective Interest Rate, Periodic Interest Rate, and Compounding Frequency,” with H. James Williams, Advances in Quantitative Analysis of Finance and Accounting, Volume 2, 2005.
- “Using A Professional Investment Advice To Teach Equity Valuation Model,” 2004 International Applied Business Research Conference Proceedings, March 2004.
- “The Role of Managerial Resistance in Determining Payment Method in Acquisitions,” Journal of Current Research in Global Business, Volume 5, Number 8, 2003.
- “Electronic Cash In E-Commerce: A Comparative Analysis of Views of Hispanic and African-American Business Owners,” with James L. Morrison, G. Titi Oladunjoye, Michael Czarkowski, Journal of Business and Economics Research, Volume 1, Number 4, April 2003.
- “Electronic Cash In E-Commerce: A Comparative Analysis of Views of Hispanic and African-American Business Owners,” with James L. Morrison, G. Titi Oladunjoye, Michael Czarkowski, 2002 International Business and Economic Research Conference Proceedings, 2002.
- “Teaching the Effects of Electronic Commerce on Business Practices and Global Stability,”H. James Williams, James L. Morrison, G. Titi Oladunjoye, Journal of Education for Business, Volume 75, Number 3, January/February 2000.
- “A Research Note on the Managerial Resistance and Payment Method in Takeovers,” International Advances in Economic Research 4, 1998.
- “An Evaluation of Constant Proportion Trading Rules,”with Lloyd P. Blenman, S. Lin, Third Annual Urban Business Association Proceedings, 1994.
Honors & Awards
- 2008 Dean’s Performance Award For Outstanding Leadership, Delaware State University
- 2007 AKPSI Excellence Award, Delaware State University
- 2002 Best Paper Award, International Business & Economics Research Conference
- 1998 Dean’s Performance Award For Outstanding Teaching, Delaware State University
- 1996 Dean’s Performance Award For Outstanding Teaching, Delaware State University
- Financial Management
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Commercial Bank Management
- International Economics & Finance
- Financial Statements Analysis and Valuation
- Macroeconomics, Microeconomics