DaeRyong Kim, PhD
Department Chairperson (Business Administration)
Professor of Management (IS)
College of Business
Delaware State University
1200 N. DuPont Hwy, Dover, DE 19901
dkim [at] desu.edu
Ph.D. The University of Mississippi (Ole Miss), Oxford, MS
Major: Management Information Systems
Minors: Computer & Information Sciences, Production & Operation Management
M.S. Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
Major: Management/Management Information Systems
Big Data, Ubiquitous Computing, Mobile Computing, Human Computer Interface, Technology Acceptance on IT, E-Commerce & E-Business, and Group Support Systems (Group Systems)
- Editorial Board (2004~Present), International Journal of Applied Management and Technology, serving on the Editorial Board of the refereed journal.
- Editorial Board (2002~Present), Logos Management Review, Serving on the Editorial Board of the refereed journal.
- Reviewer (2002~2016): Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, A Reviewer of the refereed journal.
- Board Member (2003~Present), INFORMS Korea Chapter, A Board Member of Directors and Standing Committee (Program, Publicity, Education and Public Relations)
- Member - Associations for Information Systems (AIS)
- Member - Decision Science Institute (DSI)
- Member - Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Sunghyun Yun, Keunho Lee, Heuiseok Lim, Daeryong Kim, and Jung-hoon Kim, “The Method of Digital Copyright Authentication for Contents of Collective Intelligence,” Journal of the Korea Convergence Society (JKCS), Vol. 6, No. 6, 2015, pp. 185-194.
- Kyungil Khoe and Daeryong Kim “The Impact of Government Sponsored Loan Programs for SMEs in IT: With a Focus on Case Studies in Korea,” Indian Journal of Science and Technology (IJST), Vol. 8, No. 27, 2015, pp. 1-13.
- DaeRyong Kim, “The Study on Factors Affecting Mobile Multimedia Training” Journal of Management Information and Decision Sciences (JMIDS), Vol. 18, No. 1, 2015, pp. 72-83.
- Kim, Won Kyum and Kim, Dae-Ryong, “Relationship among Store’s Physical Environment, Emotional Response and Behavior Intention: Comparison between Korea and China,” Journal of Korea Contents Association (JKCA), Vol. 12, No. 12, 2012, pp. 761-770.
- Dae Ryong Kim, Byung-Gon. Kim, Milam W. Aiken, and Soon Chang Park, “The Influence of Individual, Task, Organizational Support, and Subject Norm Factors on the Adoption of Groupware,” Academy of Information and Management Sciences Journal (AIMSJ), Vol. 9, No. 2, 2006, pp. 93-110.
- Dae R. Kim, Brian J. Reithel, and Carlos M, Rodriguez, “The Impact of Hyper-Components Designs on Web Usefulness and Ease of Use,” International Journal of Electronic Business Management (IJEBM), Vol. 4, No. 1, 2006, pp. 77-85.
- Constant D. Beugre and Dae R. Kim, “Cyberloafing: Vice or Virtue?” Emerging Trends and Challenges in Information Technology Management, Vol. 1 & 2, Edited by Mehdi Khosrow-Pour. 2006.
- S. Yoo, J. Jin, and Dae R. Kim, “Self Conflict Resolving Interactive Web-Based Class Scheduling Systems,” Academy of Information and Management Sciences Journal (AIMSJ), Vol. 8, No. 2, 2005, pp. 69-78.
- Dae R. Kim, Myun J. Cheon, and Milam Aiken, “Towards an Understanding of the Relationship Between IS Outsourcing Vendors’ Service Quality and Outsourcing Effects,” International Journal of Information Technology and Management (IJITM), Vol. 4, No. 1, 2005, pp. 12-24.
- Dae R. Kim, Hoe K. Shin, Jong C. Kim, Sehwan Yoo, and Jongdae Jin, “Associations Between E-Business Models and Their Business Performances,” Journal of Strategic E-Commerce (JSEC), Vol. 2, No. 1, 2004, pp. 31-48.
- Dae R. Kim, Myun J. Cheon, Constant D. Beugre, and Tonjia Kenner Coverdale, “Information Systems Outsourcing: Exploration on the Impact of Outsourcing Service Providers’ Service Quality,” Issues in Information Systems (IIS), Vol. 4, No. 2, 2003, pp. 528-534.
- Dae Ryong Kim and Namho Kim, “An Experimental Exploration of the Users’ Perceptions on Hyperlink Types in the Web Based Training,” Journal of Business and Information Technology (JBIT), Vol. 3, No. 1, 2003, pp. 11-19.
- L.C. Lu, W.H. Chen, Daeryong Kim, and C.P. Hwang, “Artificial Neural Systems Improve Franchising Decision Making,” International Journal of Management, Vol. 13, No. 1, March 1996, pp. 25-32.
- M. Aiken, Y.K. Suk, and Daeryong Kim, “Using Group Decision Support Systems to Improve Meetings: Lessons for Korean Management,” International Journal of Management, Vol. 12, No. 3, September 1995, pp. 271-275.
- M. Aiken, Daeryong Kim, and C. Hwang, L.C. Lu, “A Korean Group Decision Support System,” Information & Management, Vol. 28, No. 5, May 1995, pp. 303-310.
- M. Aiken, C. Hwang, and Daeryong Kim, “A Chinese Group Decision Support System,” International Journal of Information and Management Sciences, Vol. 6, No. 1, Spring, 1995, pp. 65-73.
- M. Aiken, C. Hwang, J. Paolillo, Daeryong Kim, “A Group Decision Support System for the Asian Pacific Rim,” and L.C. Lu, Journal of International Information Management, Fall 1994, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 1-13.
- Dae Ryong Kim, Wonk Kyum Kim, & Qing-Ji Fan, “Does SNS Service Quality Affect Differently on Usage Intention in Different Countries?” 2018 Annual KLM International Conference. Ulaanbaatar, July 3-6, 2018, Mongolia, pp. 9-11.
- Wonk-Kyum Kim, Qing-Ji Fan, & Dae-Ryong Kim, “The Relationship among SNS Contents Elements, Satisfaction and Usage Intention,” 3rd International Conference on Digital Policy & Management, January 19-21, 2016, Vietnam, pp. 29-30.
- KyungIl Khoe and DaeRyong Kim, “The Impact of Government Sponsored Loan Programs for SMEs in IT: A Case Study,” 13th International Conference of KALM, Los Angeles, CA, June 30-July 4, 2015.
- DaeRyong Kim, Sangjae Lee, ByungGon Kim, “Findings from Survey on Mobile Multimedia Training,” Allied Academies Fall 2014 International Conference, Las Vegas, October 15-17, 2014. pp. 5-8.
- Dae Ryong Kim and Byung Gon Kim, “User Acceptance of Mobile Ubiquitous Computing,” Academy of Business Research Conference, Las Vegas, November 14-16, 2011, pp. 19-20.
- Constant D. Beugre, and Dae R. Kim, “Cyberloafing: Vice or Virtue?” 2006 IRMA (Information Resources Management Association) International Conference, Washington, D.C., May 21-24, 2006, pp. 834-835.
- Dae R. Kim, Byung G. Kim, Milam W. Aiken, and Soon C. Park, “Factors Influencing the Usage of Groupware,” Proceedings of Academy of Information and Management Sciences International Conference, New Orleans, April 12-15, 2006, pp. 3-4.
- Dae R. Kim, Soon C. Park, Byung G. Kim, and Milam W. Aiken, “Towards an Understanding of Factors Influencing the Adoption of Groupware: A Study of Influence of Individual factor, Task-Related factors, Organizational Support, and Subject Norm,” Proceeding of the Western DSI 2005 Annual Conference, British Columbia, Canada, March 22-26, 2005, p. 349.
- S. Yoo, J. Jin, and Dae R. Kim, “Automatic Conflict Resolving Web-Based Class Scheduling Systems,” Proceedings of Academy of Information and Management Sciences International Conference, Maui, Hawaii October 13-17, 2004, pp. 61-64.
- Sehwan Yoo, Dae R. Kim, Jongdae Jin, Fozia Mahrnood, and Daniel Okunbor, “Interactive Web-Based Class Scheduling System: Built-In Conflict Resolution Function,” Proceedings of The Symposium on Computing at Minority Institutions, Orlando, Florida, May 20-22, 2004, pp. 116-123.
- Dae R. Kim, Hoe-Kyun Shin, Jong-Chun Kim, Sehwan Yoo, and Jongdae Jin, “Development of E-Business Models with Different Strategic Positions and Comparison of Business Performances with the Models,” Proceedings of Academy of Information and Management Sciences International Conference, New Orleans, April 7-10, 2004, pp. 43-47.
- Daeryong Kim, Brian Reithel, John Johnson, “The Impact of Two Essential Web Site Building Components: The Experimental Study on the Hyperlink and Node,” Proceedings of Eighth Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) 2002, Dallas, Texas, August 9-11, 2002, pp. 285-293.
- Hoe K. Shin, Chang W. Lee, Daeryong Kim, “Web-Based Multimedia Contents Development in the E-Learning Business,” INFORMS International 2001 Hawaii, Maui, Hawaii, June 17-20, 2001, pp. td124i-td124vii.
Honors & Awards
- “Distinguished Research Award,” 2014 International Conference of ‘Academy of Information and Management Science,’ Las Vegas, October 16, 2014.
- “Distinguished Research Award,” ‘Academy of Strategic E-Commerce,’ 2004 International Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, April 9, 2004.
- “Who’s Who in America,” 68th (2014), 67th (2013), 66th (2012), 65th (2011), 64th (2010), 63rd (2009), 62nd (2008), 61st (2007), 60th (2006), 58th (2004), 57th (2003), and 56th (2002) Editions; Has been included in the America’s leading biographical reference published by Marquis since 1899.
- “Who’s Who in Finance and Business,” 38th (2008), 37th (2007), 36th (2006), 34th (2004), and 33rd (2003) Editions; Has been included in the leading biographical reference in the Finance and Business.
- “Who’s Who in American Education,” 11th (2008), 10th (2007), 9th (2006) and 6th Edition (2003); Has been included in the America’s leading biographical reference for the educators who pertain notable achievement.
- “Who’s Who Among American Teachers,” (2006) Edition; Included in the America’s leading biographical reference for the educators who pertain notable achievement and are recognized by their students.
- Undergraduate: Strategic Information Systems, Database Management Systems, Business Processes with SAP ERP (GBI), Management Information Systems, Electronic Business, Web Design and Implementation, System Analysis & Design, and Visual Basic.
- Graduate: MBA Program: Strategic Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Information and Technology Management, Special Topics in IS, and Supply Chain Management.