USAF Aviation - Character - Education (A.C.E.) Flight Program
The United States Air Force has approved funding for the USAF Aviation - Character - Education (A.C.E.) Flight Program youth summer camp, this summer - for high school students, Air Force cadets, and junior officers designed to motivate participants to pursue aviation careers through mentorship and tangible flight experiences. As a national organization with a non-exclusive focus on increasing diversity within the aerospace industry, they are seeking the assistance of the DSU Aviation Program in helping them identify potential students for this program.
The US Air Force Aviation-Character-Education (A.C.E.) Flight Program is a 3-week summer camp designed to motivate and mentor minorities and women to pursue Air Force aviation careers. The program allows for select high school students, Air Force cadets, and junior officers to receive initial flight training in civilian aircraft in a structured environment that provides exposure and education on military aviation careers.
- At least 16 years of age as of 1 August 2018
- Possess at least some interest in pursuing a military career
- Capable of passing an FAA medical and other physical requirement
- Academically competitive for college/university admittance
- Be of good moral character
- When/Where: ~15 Jul – 5 Aug at Delaware State University (DSU)
- Cost: None (self-transportation to DSU will be required)
- 10-15 hours of in-flight training, culminating with solo flight
- Simulator-based training and familiarization
- Character-building exercises and activities
- Field trips, guest speakers, and other educational events
- Capacity for summer camp is 24 candidates
- Lodging and eating on campus during camp
- Download and complete the application
- Completed application to be emailed to aviation [at] desu.edu.